Preventative Maintenance Plan Templates
Download Free Preventative Maintenance Plan Templates
DataCenter Cleaning Procedures
- The DataCenter floor should be vacuumed with the Roomba on a weekly basis.
- The DataCenter should be vacuumed manually by an IT Staff member on a monthly basis on the 3rd Monday of each month.
- The filters in the A/C unit should be cleaned once per 3 months.
- Confirm that the Facility HVAC system is online and working properly.
- Turn off the DataCenter A/C unit at the Thermostat.
- The filters should be removed from the DataCenter A/C Unit.
- The filters should be washed in the mechanical room slop sink, dried and returned to the DataCenter A/C unit.
- Once the filters are reinstalled the A/C unit can be turned on.
- The filters in the Honeywell air filter should be replaced every 3 months.
- The removal and installation of a new carbon filter must be performed in the mechanical room to avoid introducing a high volume of airborne particles in the DataCenter.
Backup Power and Generator Maintenance Procedures
- The Backup Power Generator will be maintained by the Campus Services Department. This includes a test of the generator once per month.
- A simulated power failure should be performed every 2 months as documented in the Power Failure Exercise Policies and Procedures Document.
- The APC Symmetra UPS system should perform self-tests every 7 Days.
Server and Network Maintenance Procedures
- Review of Server Event Logs: The event logs for all servers will be reviewed with a frequency of at least 3 days per week.
- This includes the System, Application, and Security Logs for each server (virtual or physical).
- Review of Anti-Virus Logs: The AV logs for the domain will be reviewed with a frequency of at least once per week.
- This includes reviewing that the servers' definitions are the most recent available, all workstations are updated and are checking in with the AV Server, and the alerting is working correctly.
- This would suppose the AV server is configured to alert the OTIS Staff of any virus outbreaks.
- A report of network trending will be provided by the Systems Network Administrator and presented during the IT Staff meeting that occurs on the 4th Thursday of every month. The trending report will include:
- Bandwidth Usage - Usage By User and Usage by Application
- Month To Month Comparison
- Spam Vs. Good monthly view
- Network/System Integrity and Penetration tests will be performed once per quarter. A report of the tests will be provided by the Systems Network Administrator and presented during the IT Staff meeting that occurs on the first Thursday of each quarter. The report will include:
- Results of Port Scan
- Results DNS Lookup - noting changes if any
Defragmenting Server Hard drives
- The physical server local hard drives will be defragmented with the frequency of once per month.
- The virtual guest servers hard drives will be defragmented with the frequency of once per month.
- The SAN Volumes
- Server Cleaning Procedures
- Each physical server will be taken offline for hardware cleaning with the frequency of once per every 6 months. This cleaning includes:
- Removal of the hardware from the DataCenter and using compressed air to remove any dirt or dust build-up.
- An inspection of the operation of the servers' components including case fans, CPU cooling fans, power supply fans, and hard drives.
- Switch Cleaning Procedures
- Each switch will be taken offline for hardware cleaning with the frequency of once per 6 months. This cleaning includes:
- Removal of the hardware from the IDF and using compressed air to remove any dirt or dust build-up.
- An inspection of the operation of the switch cooling fans and boot sequence.
Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
The content, frequency, and location of the system and data backups are documented in the Data Backup and Disaster Recovery Policy.
- A Disaster Recovery Exercise will be performed once per every 6 months.
- The Disaster Recovery Exercise will include a recovery of Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, ACS, and files on the file server.
- Action steps for Disaster Recovery Exercise can be found in Disaster Recovery Exercise Procedures documentation.
Workstation Maintenance Procedures
- The image of each type of workstation should be maintained and updated every three months including:
- Operating System updates
- Antivirus Updates
- Software Updates (Office, Java, Flash, Adobe Reader)
- Each workstation should be reviewed every 6 months including:
- Cleaning out the hardware and checking all components.
- Physical inspection of the CPU and motherboard for failed components.
- Restoring the operating system to the image for that hardware.